Saturday, January 5, 2008

Orange Rolls

This is my mom's recipe. They are delicious. You can serve them with dinner, or if you add a glaze to the top they make great sweet rolls.

Roll Dough:
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp yeast
3 TBSP sugar

Mix together and let sit a few minutes so yeast can dissolve...add

1 egg
2 TBSP butter

Mix and add

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt

Mix well, adding a little more flour if it is too sticky (you want it slightly sticky but manageable).
Let rise until double, about 45 minutes. Roll out to about 1" thickness, rolling into a rectangle.

Orange Filling:
Melt 3/4 cube ofbutter and add 1/2 cup sugar and grated orange peel from one orange. Spread this mixture on top of dough and then roll up like cinnamon rolls. Cut into 1" pieces (dental floss or thread works well) and put into greased muffintins. Let rise until double, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375 for 15-18minutes. Enjoy!

Megan Hambly

4 comments:

i'm jackie. he's doug. said...

These rolls could change our lives. Thanks!

Meg, do you think you and I are the only ones that look at this blog? :) It's possible, but at least we enjoy it.

Kim said...

Oh guess what! I look at this blog too! And I love it. I made the turkey recipe yesterday and it was SOOO GOOD!

Jackie said...

I'm so glad you come here too, Kim!! At least this blog will benefit the 3 of us. :)

Meg said...

Hey I was kind of worried about that, too, Jackie. I am also glad you come here Kim...seriuosly :) And I am glad to hear about the turkey recipe--I hadn't tried it yet!